EMC UNIFIED STORAGE GUARANTEE SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. A PURCHASE WON'T INCREASE CHANCES ON WINNING.
- PROMOTION TIMING: The EMC Unified Storage Guarantee Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") begins 12:00 p.m. United States Eastern Daylight Savings Time (EDST)/7:00 p.m. British Summer Time (BST) on August 30, 2010 and ends 5:00 p.m. EDST/10:00 p.m. BST on October 31, 2010 (the "Promotion Period").
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Promotion Period, go to http://emc.com/guarantee, complete all required information requested on the online entry form and click "Submit" to receive one entry in the Sweepstakes. Limit one entry per person or email address in the Sweepstakes during the Promotion Period. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries and that entrant may be disqualified at the sole and absolute discretion of the Administrator of the Sweepstakes. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, incorrectly submitted or delayed entries whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, theft, destruction or otherwise. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service may apply.
- RANDOM DRAWING: The Grand Prize Package winner will be the first entry randomly selected from among all eligible entries on November 2, 2010 (EDST and BST time zones). One Weekly Prize Package winner will be randomly selected in each of nine weekly drawings on the following dates, from among all eligible entries received as of 11:59 p.m. EDST/ 4:59 a.m. BST on the following weekly drawing close dates:
The prize drawings will be conducted by AlterSeekers, Inc., an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received as indicated above. Winners will be notified by mail and prizes will be delivered to winners within 28 days of the relevant prize drawing. Limit one Grand Prize and one Weekly prize per entrant.
- EDST time zone: September 6, 2010, September 13, 2010, September 20, 2010, September 27, 2010, October 4, 2010, October 11, 2010, October 18, 2010, October 25, 2010 and November 1, 2010.
- BST time zone: September 7, 2010, September 14, 2010, September 21, 2010, September 28, 2010, October 5, 2010, October 12, 2010, October 19, 2010, October 26, 2010 and November 2, 2010.
- PRIZE AND RECOMMENDED RETAIL PRICE ("RRP"): One (1) Grand Prize: Winner's choice of either: A trip for winner and a guest to attend EMC World 2011 Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S. May 9-12, 2011, or a trip for winner and a guest to attend VmWorld 2011 Conference in Las Vegas, California. Prize consists of roundtrip coach air transportation for two people (both departing from same gateway city), hotel accommodations for 5 Days/4 Nights at hotel of Promoter's choosing, two admissions to the EMC World 2011 Conference or VmWorld 2011 Conference, and $835 cash allowance (RRP U.S.$9,009). Nine (9) Weekly Prizes: An Apple iPad Model #MC497LL/A and $166 cash allowance for purchase of music (RRP U.S.$995 each). Total RRP of all prizes = U.S.$17,964. Prize values and currency determined as of August 18, 2010. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for changes in prize value or currency conversion rates. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable, cannot be redeemed for cash and must be accepted as awarded. No substitutions may be made, except by EMC Corporation (the "Promoter") in the event that a prize (or portion of prize) cannot be awarded for any reason, in which case, Promoter will award a prize of equal or greater value, subject to the approval of gaming authorities in each jurisdiction, where required. Winners are responsible for paying all associated costs that are not specifically stated in these Official Rules, including (where applicable) transport to and from the departure airport, transport between airport, hotel and conference, meal costs, spending money, insurance and all other incidentals. Winners are also personally responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and any national and/or local tax liabilities incurred in claiming or using the prizes.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States of America and the District of Columbia, Canada, United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland who are 21 years of age or older as of date of entry. Void in the Province of Quebec. Employees of Promoter, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, including AlterSeekers, Inc., and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
- GENERAL RULES: Potential Grand Prize winner will be required to sign and return a Certificate of Eligibility, Liability Release, and where legal, a Publicity Release within ten (10) days of notification attempt. Noncompliance within this time period will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. If prize or prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected. If Grand Prize winner is a U.S. resident: A 1099 tax statement will be filed with the IRS for that winner, by the Promoter. If a Canadian participant qualifies to win a prize, s/he will be asked to return by mail, her/his correct answer to a skill-testing question involving general knowledge, in order to be declared a winner and receive her/his prize. By accepting prize, winner agrees that the Promoter and those acting under the Promoter's authority, may use winner's name, picture/portrait/video likeness, and/or voice, for advertising and promotional purposes without further consideration, unless prohibited by law. An entrant is not a winner of a prize unless and until entrant's eligibility has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete. Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Terms and Conditions, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all eligibility requirements. Entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and the decisions of the judges. All entries become the sole property of Promoter and none will be acknowledged or returned. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The "authorized account holder" is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Promoter with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Promoter that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and award prizes from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation or termination, subject to the approval of gaming authorities in each jurisdiction, where required. Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Promoter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Sweepstakes. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage in transit to prizes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, PROMOTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- WINNERS LIST: To receive a list of winners, available after January 10, 2011, send a blank email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PROMOTER: The Promoter of the Sweepstakes is EMC Corporation, 176 South Street, Hopkinton, MA 01748. The Administrator of the Sweepstakes is AlterSeekers, Inc., 939 Port Washington Blvd., Suite 3, Port Washington, NY 11050.